OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
WOC 2020 SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANGES OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES: The [___] Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on June 1, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on November 1, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Blount, Inc., 4909 SE International Way, Portland Oregon 97222 (the “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit [web site] (the “Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period, (1) complete the registration form for your entry, following the instructions and providing all requested information and (2) optionally, upload a photograph of ICS, Merit, or Pentruder equipment in action, which complies with the Photo Guidelines below. Including or not including a photo does not affect odds of winning. A PURCHASE IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER AND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. “Immediate family members” shall mean spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about [INSERT DATE] by Sponsor to select the Prize winner from all eligible entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION/HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Winner will be notified by e-mail. To claim a prize, winner should follow the instructions contained in their notification. Failure to respond within seven days of the date notice is sent will result in forfeiture of the Prize and Sponsor will have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner.
Winner will be required to sign and return, within seven days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Photo/Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”). These Releases will require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for the prize by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability of the Prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
7. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE/ODDS: One winner will receive a trip for two to the 2020 World of Concrete in Las Vegas from February 4-7, 2020. The prize will include the following (total approximate retail value = $2,500):
• Round-trip economy airfare of a maximum of [____] for winner and guest from closest airport to Las Vegas, Nevada (LAS) returning to the same airport.
• Accommodations for two persons for four nights
• Tram tickets for two persons for [___]
• Admission for two to World of Concrete for all four days of the event
All travel related expenses, including but not limited to, airfare and ground transportation to/from joining and finishing points, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, fees, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, luggage fees, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage expenses not included with prize package and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local tax liabilities and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for the prize by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability of the prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
8. ORIGINAL WORK; PHOTO RELEASE: The photo, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photo is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photo.
By submitting a photo, entrant agrees that the Sponsor owns such photo and may use it or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever, in any media, with or without alteration, without review or approval by such entrant, and without notice or compensation.
9. PHOTO GUIDELINES: Entries including a photo submission must meet the following guidelines. If a photo submission does not meet these guidelines the entry is ineligible for the Sweepstakes and will not be entered in drawing.
• Photo must be in .jpg, .png, .psd, .eps, .tiff or .gif format, and must be able to be uploaded to the Website.
• Photo must show user in proper personal protection equipment and using the ICS/Pentruder/Merit products properly. Photos of user not wearing proper personal protection equipment or using the tool incorrectly are not eligible entries.
• Photo must not depict anyone who hasn’t expressly consented to be included in photo; and must not depict any minors.
• Photo must be the original work of the entrant, have not been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind, have not previously won any awards or been exhibited, displayed publicly, or published through any means.
• Photo must not disparage or misrepresent Sponsor, its products, Administrator or any other person, brand or company or their products, or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands.
• Photo must not contain brand names, logos, or trademarks or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her photo in this Sweepstakes, or reference any celebrity or other public figure.
• Photo must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant.
• Photo must not contain nudity or violence, or material that is sexually explicit or suggestive, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous or any activities that are or may be unsafe or dangerous.
• Photo must not contain any personal identification, such as names, street, street numbers, email addresses, or phone numbers.
• Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations in any state where entry is created, or otherwise be objectionable in Sponsor’s opinion.
• Entrant must not be under a contractual, employment or other obligation to provide the photo to any other individual or entity as part of an exclusive obligation, first right of refusal or similar obligation.
• Photo must not contain any matter that is obscene, offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate in the Sponsor’s opinion. The content of the photo must not violate or infringe on any other person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright or privacy rights.
10. GENERAL: Sponsor, prize suppliers, and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, retailers and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including the Website) or for any other reason whatsoever; changes in schedule of the event; typographical, printing or other errors; or any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or any combination thereof. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, incomplete, and mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. The information obtained via the entry will be used by Sponsor and its affiliates for marketing purposes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates may use this information to contact you either by mail or email with updates about special promotions or offers.
11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Releasees will not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s sole control.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Entrants release and waive any claims they may have against Releasees for any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof, or participation in this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award all prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account entered. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met.
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the Website. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
13. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Oregon, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules must be brought in the applicable federal or state courts located in Portland, Oregon.
15. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after [Date]), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: THE SWEEPSTAKES, (please specify Official Winners’ List or Official Rules), Blount, Inc., 4909 SE International Way, Portland Oregon 97222.